Many Hunterdon County residents consider window replacement as a fairly easy process. However, it’s important to avoid mistakes that can lead to loss of energy efficiency and air leaks. Some windows have an installation warranty that is only valid if the whole process is handled by a professional. Butinding the right installer for window replacement Hunterdon County may be stressful especially if it is your first time to deal with window replacement contractors. Below are the best tips to help you find the best company for your window replacement project.
Choosing a Company for Window Replacement Hunterdon County
- Research the type of window you want to replace: The best way of getting the right contractor is by conducting thorough research on the type of window that you want to replace beforehand. Doing your homework gives you a clear insight of how the window is supposed to be installed. Gather enough knowledge to guide you when selecting the contractor for your job. Different contractors have different levels of knowledge on how to deal with certain windows. It is easier to find the right contractor by assessing their ability in dealing with the window that you have chosen for your project.
- Get more detailed bids: Do not get stuck with one bid for your job. Accept at least three detailed bids before making a choice. Different contractors have different details that should be consider before making a final decision. A detailed bid must include payment terms, the price for the whole project, the type of products to use, and the time frame for the project. The bids must also state whether the pricing includes materials and labor costs as well as warranty/repair should something go wrong.
- Verify the warranty: Peruse the warranty and understand its details well in case something happens after installation. A standard window warranty is usually about ten years, but what exactly does it cover? Additionally, a reputable contractor will give a workmanship warranty covering at least two years.
- Check and verify the references: It is imperative to verify both the contractor’s and manufacturer’s references before using their services and products respectively. Verify the time they have been in operation and ask for photos of their previous assignments. You will also want to ask for references of their past clients and find out any complaints files against the company. Getting such information helps to know how the company handles window replacement and if they fulfill their part of the bargain. It is advisable also to inquire about the service of the company from your friends and neighbors who know the company. Ensure that the installers have been trained by the company and are specialized in window replacement Hunterdon County and not other jobs.
- Check the contractor’s license: Before starting the window replacement project, you must check with the relevant housing authorities to know if they require a contractor to have a permit or a license. There are authorities that restrict unregistered window replacement contractors from working on any project. If that is the case, check the contractor’s license to see if there is any complaint against the company.
Looking for the Best Company for Window Replacement Hunterdon County?
If you’re in the market for Hunterdon County replacement windows, Markey LLC is the one-stop solution for you. For well over 25 years, Markey LLC has been providing outstanding Double Hung window service in the Somerset County area. Markey is proud of their work and they prioritize integrity and work ethic. If you would like more information about Markey’s products or services you can contact them today or visit the showroom for a full size displays of our products. All Markey LLC employees are factory certified and we never use subcontractors. Contact them today!